Re: gEDA-user: Can't load layouts created with current pcb,

> No. glibc is LGPL, pcb is GPL. LGPL explicitly allows use under GPL.

There's still all the issues of attribution and proper notices, etc.
Also, by pulling code from other sources, it further limits our
ability to re-license PCB under other terms if it makes sense in the
future (not that we'd want to, of course).

But mostly I wanted people to get out of the habit of suggesting "rip
it out of something else".

Plus, it's not in glibc, it's in glib.  Same license though.