gEDA-user: pcb footprint creation: Soldermask clearance

I have created some custom pcb footprints, but their soldermask
clearance is way too big: The pads onb my PLCC32 and smd resonator are
free from soldermask, but everything in between them, too.

I already tried
âchangeclearsize(selectedobjects, thickness/2+0.1mm
and
changeclearsize(selectedobjects, 0.35, mm)
(I don't know, how they're supposed to work, I just saw them at
http://geda.seul.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=geda:pcb_tips, but they didn't
do anything as far as I can see; I used ":", then entered the commands
in the window that appeared).

Philipp