Re: gEDA-user: Component library gone?

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 14:44 -0500, Rene Vergara wrote:
> Hello,
> I've been using gschem in Debian for a while now, and I've never had problems.
> I recently updated the entire gEDA suite, and now when I start gschem, I get
> the following on the Log window:

What version of Debian are you using?

I've seen a problem with Debian Testing (lenny), where there is a mix of
versions which have migrated from unstable.

The 1.4.0 version of geda-symbols has migrated to testing, but libgeda
has not, so users of testing are ending up with a version of gschem with
the wrong set of symbols. (Which are installed in an incompatible way).

I'm not sure your best course of action.

You could either fetch all the 1.4.0 packages from Unstable (sid), or
you could try to find a source package for geda-symbols 1.2.1.

Unfortunately since geda-symbols 1.2.1 isn't in any Debian distribution
at the moment, I can't find it in the Debian repository.

I can try to dig out the old config / modifications which can be used to
make the 1.4.0 symbols package with geda 1.2.1.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,