gEDA-user: Strange (laser) print defects

Hi all.

Though this evidently is not a software defect, I'm wondering if someone
on the list knows the cause of this problem or experienced similar
effects.

I was testing another paper (touted by a local electronics magazine as
'ideal') for my quick-and-dirty toner-transfer PCBs, and found a strange
defect, hard to describe. (see: http://jcoppens.com/misc/laser1.jpg and
http://jcoppens.com/misc/laser2.jpg )

The right part of each pic is normal typewriter paper, the left one is
on the new paper I'm testing. The faults are systematic:

- The appear always on the same spot in the board, independent from where
I print it on the sheet.

- They never appear on the 'normal' paper.

- Printer settings and source file is exactly the same, of course. (I did
experiment with different settings, but no difference was noted on the
printout).

First feeling was that some particle on the paper surface 'exploded', and
blew away the toner before it got fixated. But this shouldn't happen
systematically on the same spot. Problems with the paper/toner
transport? They should show on both printouts, shouldn't they?

Ideas?
John