Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb: Unbound variable error

On Fri, 2008-03-21 at 07:06 -0500, Ken Lauffenburger wrote:
> When running gsch2pcb on a simple schematic I get the following error:
>
> ERROR: Unbound variable: nil
> Running command:
>         gnetlist -g PCB -o antennas.net antennas_v1.sch
>
> Any ideas on what is causing this?  Any reason to be concerned?

I suspect that you're using a version of gEDA compiled against guile
1.8, prior to a necessary fix. Guile 1.8 doesn't support "nil" any more.

The best plan is to upgrade to the latest gEDA release (1.4.0), as it
has _MANY_ bug fixes.

How / where did you get gEDA from? (compiled from source / distro
package - which distro and version?)

Alternatively, find the .scm files in /usr/share/gEDA/scheme, and find
occurrences of "nil" using "grep nil *.scm". The substitutions suitable
are either "#f" or "'()" (no quotes in either case). I'd use #f unless
the comments around that usage suggest the variable is a list.

I'd not trust the output netlist to be correct unless this is fixed,
since as soon as the ERROR: .... is emitted, no further processing takes
place.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,