gEDA-user: Error, too many apertures needed for Gerber file

Hi

Ive made several PCBs using gEDA PCB 20060822, with great success and have found it to be an excellent pcb design tool. A big thanks to everyone who has made it happen.

Ive used PCB 20060822 on a debian(etch) platform to create a pcb, with no major problems exporting to gerber. However recently I upgraded to PCB 20080202.... now when I export the exact same pcb design to gerber the following error occurs for many of the layers.

"Error, too many apertures needed for Gerber file."

Ive searched for any previous mention of this error and its possible causes, on gEDA www, but have had no luck. Does anyone have any idea what may have caused this error to occur after I upgraded to the newer version of PCB and any suggestions on how I can fix it?

If any log files are needed please let me know (with instructions on how to create them)
Ive attached the pcb file which I having the problem with.

Thanks for any advice
Pete