Re: gEDA-user: question about hierarchy in gschem

Hi Levente,

On Mittwoch, 26. März 2008, Levente wrote:
> I thought that I understood the gEDA term "hierarchy"... up till now.
> So I have a schematic that is divided into two files, say file1.sch
> and file2.sch. When I click on Autonumber text, and atonumber text in
> whole hierarchy, it will only renumbers the currently focused page,
> however all the two are loaded into gschem. How can I link the two
> schematics to be able to renumber them at one go?

You have to create a "parent" schematic that references both schematics.

In a simple case, this is only a block diagramm with two blocks. Each
block references one of your subschematic with the source attribute.

Open that parent schematic and run autonumber text.

If you've the gschem source, you can take a look at the test directory:
gschem/test/autonumber.sch

Regards
Werner