gEDA-user: openSUSE rpms in the science repository (for electronics, math and science)

Hi all,

I'd like to announce the science repository at the openSUSE
buildservice.

You can find some installation instructions in the wiki:
http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:suse_rpm_installation

The science repo contains about 55 packages related to math, electronics
and science:

* gaf packages:
  gEDA, pcb, gerbv, gnucap ... (take a look at the list in the wiki)

* Our open source competitors:
  qucs,
  oregano (only openSUSE 10.3),
  kicad (only openSUSE 10.2 and 10.3)

* Math packages:
  maxima, R, octave, scilab, ...

* python packages:
  numpy, scipy, matplotlib (pylab), pytables, ...

* other programms:
  * meep (FDTD-simulator)
  * hdf5 library and viewer (hdf-java)

Please let me know if you have any issues installing the packages.

I'd also like to get some feedback about usefull programs that are not
in the repository. openSUSE is collecting them in the science wishlist
(http://en.opensuse.org/Wishlist_Science)

Note: If you've already used gaf rpms from the "home:werner2101"
repository, please switch to the "science" repository.

Regards
Werner