Re: gEDA-user: gSoC proposals, deadline for student applications is Monday, March 31, 2008.

Hi Peter,
	I am not to sure if your are asking for projects for students to
undertake or recruiting students to undertake projects?  I guess I
should look up this google summer code program and find out.

	If it is the former, one thing I've been thinking about starting but
not being up to any speed in Perl is DJ's symbol generator.

	DJ produced djboxsym and I've used it for smaller symbols with only a
few pins and it was really useful.  Using it on a 144 pin TQFP needed an
E size drawing for the symbol alone.  Pins top and bottom had their
descriptions horizontal making the symbol really wide.

	John Griessen fixed that with jgboxsym however the pin numbers and
descriptions were so big they ran into one another using .bus.  I fixed
that making the print smaller.

	I think there is a need or it would be handy to have all versions in
one boxsym and a few flags for low, medium, high and ridiculous pin
counts.  By ridiculous I mean you need a magnifying glass to read the
final schematic on letter size (8.5 x 11) and I'm doing that with a
schematic at work.

		Just a suggestion Regards Ian.