Re: gEDA-user: gschem: How to overwrite invisible attributes?

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 2:41 PM, Stefan Salewski <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  there exists symbols with net attributes which are not
>  visible/accessible when symbol is inserted in a schematic, for example
>
>  net=Vcc:14
>
>  Problem: I am using many different positive supply voltages, i.e. 5V and
>  3.3V. I want that this symbol has 3.3V supply, but I have no Vcc defined
>  (or maybe Vcc is defined to be +5V).
>
>  Can I simple add a new attribute to the symbol to overwrite the
>  invisible/hidden "net=Vcc:14" for pin 14 with something like "net=
>  +3.3V:14" ?
>
>  I think that I have read that this overwriting of attributes shall work
>  -- but I can't find it again.

Why not just remove the hidden nets from the symbols? With mulitple
values of Vcc (or GND) the hidden nets create a lot of hidden problems.

(* jcl *)

P.S. I have a script that removes the hidden nets and generates
appropriate power symbols.

--
http://www.luciani.org