Re: gEDA-user: Hello, Bills missing transistors and Attribute questions

On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 22:41 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:57:56 +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:
>
> >> On the subject of pinnumber, what would a better approach be? Should I
> >> use values of 1, 2 and 3? Or would it be smarter to use values of E, B
> >> and C for my transistor symbol?
> >
> > You can do either, so long as the pin names in PCB match the pinnumber
> > in gschem. pinnumber also works with letters - it just means that you'd
> > be making specific PCB footprints for all the TO92 pinout variants you
> > want to use.
>
> You might want to take a look at my TO92 footprints in gedasymbols.org
> They were made to fit FETs (TO92_GDS.fp) or ordinary transistors:
> http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/kai_martin_knaak/footprints/generic/TO92_ECB.fp
> http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/kai_martin_knaak/footprints/generic/TO92_GDS.fp

Bug report: The graphic for the GDS variant still shows ECB against it.

There is an M4 macro which will generate TO92 footprints,
"footprint=TO92" should work, assuming you have M4 footprints installed
and working (default). TO92 doesn't list in the library browser though -
this is basically a bug.

The M4 footprint uses staggered through holes (triangle configuration)
rather than a straight line, but does unfortunately put silk on top of
the pads.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,