Re: gEDA-user: pcb printing

Peter Clifton wrote:

> As much as I like .ps output in programs, I think we need to skip
> straight to .pdf if we want to support translucency in a meaningful way
> whilst retaining vector output. IE.. a PDF output HID using shared cairo
> code to render.

PDF output seems fine as far as openness to me. xpdf has command line options for converting to .ps.
Postscript output could just be done in a chain after pdf output...with a dependency on xpdf or a pdf library
that can be built on windows, or the gtk windows libraries that handle .pdf and .ps, (not sure how, but you seem to get that.).

John
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX