Re: gEDA-user: sd card

DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Anyone done any sd-card designs?  Looking for symbols, footprints,
> connector recommendations, schematics, anything I can leech off you :-)
>
> Note: SD, not mini- or micro-SD.  Surface mount preferred.

Sorry, only got a mini-SD design.

 http://www.ieap.uni-kiel.de/et/people/stephan/direna/lib/molex-minisd.sym
 http://www.ieap.uni-kiel.de/et/people/stephan/direna/lib/onno/molex-minisd

Cheers
Stephan

PS: It is a design with an Altera EP2C8-144, an ATmega128, and 18 AD7276
ADCs.  The ADCs sample 18 detector signals at 3 MSPS.  Each signal
channel has a dedicated RAM and multiplier unit to reconstruct pulse
height and pulse phase vs sample clock.  That is 18*16*2*3e6=1.7 billion
multiplications per second.   Subsequent trigger logic looks for
maxima in the peak height and compares to thresholds, before comitting
data to a fifo.  Normally we only read the reconstructed peak height
and phase, but for test we can also read the digitized samples.  In
that mode it acts like a 3MSPS 18-channel digital oscilloscope.

We use a parallel port interface in EPP mode to communicate with the
FPGA.  The parallel port is also used to program the FPGA.  The
ATmega128 (with mini-SD card slot) is present, and has been tested,
but we never used it.  The ATmega128 can configure the FPGA from an
image on the SDcard and perform autonomous measurements, if we'd need
it.  But til now we could alway hook up a notebook and pull the data
staight out of the parallel port.

It is all in that directory:
  http://www.ieap.uni-kiel.de/et/people/stephan/direna/

--
Stephan Böttcher                     FAX: +49-431-880-3968
Extraterrestrische Physik            Tel: +49-431-880-2508