Re: gEDA-user: Bad news about gEDA's participation in GSoC 2009

John Griessen wrote:
> Hmmm.... the top of the new list, the ones new to GSOC, include many
> web, media, communication developments -- kinda like Google...

Here's one they funded again since last year:   Enlightenment Project

"advanced libraries and tools to support  applications, such as Imlib, Imlib2, and FnLib, .  .  .  .  .offer such functionality as
an X11 canvas library (Evas), X11 abstraction layer (Ecore), and an canvas based interface layout library (Edje) that allows
separation of interface and application logic (thus making every application that uses it "skinable"). These libraries are
extremely fast and lightweight. So much so they have been adopted by many other organizations."

Maybe enlightenment libraries could help our tools?  I know, we have plenty of investment in GTK, but the part about
"separation of interface and application logic"  sounds just like our design philosophy...

John Griessen
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX