Re: gEDA-user: co-ordinates PCB

On Tue, 2009-03-31 at 14:46 +0100, richard.bown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Sorry
> I must be getting a bit thick in my old age, are you saying that in the
> second quandrant, ie where the first quadrant is between 0 degrees and
> 90 degs, and the second quadrant is between 90 degs and 180 degs, that y

Coordinates do not depend direct on quadrant.

x increases to the right.

y increases to the bottom.

0,0 is top left for pcb boards.

footprint/elements may have 0/0 at different positions, center or at a
pin.

Have you seen the verbose
http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/land_patterns_20070818.pdf
and my short description
http://www.ssalewski.de/PcbFootprintRef.txt

To your capacitor footprints:

They are rectangular, so its very easy to make them with my sfg script,
I will make it this evening. If you have Ruby installed you may do it
yourself. I was already going to make them, but I have seen a minimal
difference in your dimensions and dimensions on datasheet -- have you
measured it instead of using dimensions from datasheet? I will check
this in more detail this evening, the rest takes only a few minutes.

I think a working cap is on my page, WIMA. Pitch is right, shape may be
wrong by one mm, this is no big problem. Seems that displaying the shape
graphical does not work correctly at gedasymbols currently.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski