Re: gEDA-user: Need help repairing a damaged FPGA board (GR-PCI-XC2V)

On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 15:19 -0700, Eric Brombaugh wrote:
> That's a fairly old board (Spartan 2), looks like a PCI interface, along
> with some memory, Ethernet and RS-232. Depending on the exact features
> you need, you could buy up-to-date development boards from Digilent with
> an academic discount for less than $150 that would replace it. Take up a
> collection (with some stern looks in the direction of the folks who
> fried the old one) and you may be able to come up with the cash.
>
> Here's  more info:
>
> http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Catalog.cfm?NavPath=2,400&Cat=10
>
> Eric

And a decent manufacturer of such boards in the UK, whom I've dealt with
before is:

http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/

They do everything from simple (like I use), up to very silly:

http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/merrick/supercomputers.html

Perhaps something like:

http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/moelbryn/raggedstone1.html

They do educational pricing too - just ask if you can't find it for a
particular product - it might still be available.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,