gEDA-user: Need help repairing a damaged FPGA board (GR-PCI-XC2V)

A relatively new professor here at OSU had one of these FPGA boards:

http://www.pender.ch/docs/GR-PCI-XC2V_product_sheet.pdf

Unfortunately, some students recently fried part of the power
regulation circuit.  We don't have the expertise to repair it
ourselves, and we don't have the budget to buy something new.  This
board was being shared by multiple students, one of whom was using it
for his masters thesis work.  So its loss is rather painful and
problematic.

I was wondering if anyone could advise us on repairing this.  Perhaps
there is someone whom we could ask to repair it for us?  Trying to get
the original manufacturer to repair it would probably cost more than
it's worth.  The damage was done to at least the C12 and D9 components
(lower left in the picture).

Any suggestions and help would be most appreciated!

--
Timothy Normand Miller
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~millerti