Re: gEDA-user: Need help repairing a damaged FPGA board (GR-PCI-XC2V)

On 1 March 2010 22:00, Timothy Normand Miller <theosib@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A relatively new professor here at OSU had one of these FPGA boards:
>
> http://www.pender.ch/docs/GR-PCI-XC2V_product_sheet.pdf
>
> Unfortunately, some students recently fried part of the power
> regulation circuit.  We don't have the expertise to repair it
> ourselves, and we don't have the budget to buy something new.  This
> board was being shared by multiple students, one of whom was using it
> for his masters thesis work.  So its loss is rather painful and
> problematic.
>

> Any suggestions and help would be most appreciated!

Get your professor to enrol on the Xilinx University Program:

http://www.xilinx.com/univ/

"(The) Xilinx University Program includes no charge access to our full
suite of software tools and special academic pricing for university
boards."

Cheers
Gareth
(fair disclosure: I work for Xilinx)