Re: gEDA-user: rant: pcb print from command line

On 9 March 2010 18:23, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> If developer cycles is the bottle neck, the only solution is to
>> increase the number of active developers.
>
> That's what I'm trying to do - both reduce the bottleneck, and make it
> easier to add more developers.

From my perspective, DJ is on the money with:

> We need a way for people to enter the pcb development arena.

except I'd substitute "gEDA" for "pcb". I know what I want to do with
gEDA, but the sheer scale of the codebase is intimidating and
cooperating on patch triage/approval would be a way to actively change
that.

In a project of this scale, there will *always* be a hierarchy of
developers. Whether that hierarchy is implicit or explicit is up to
us.

If we want to trial this model, I'm personally happy to become one of
the "second-class developers" as Kai-Martin put it - to do some patch
triage for gEDA tools in general, not just pcb.

Gareth