Re: gEDA-user: gEDA user: gnetlist -gdrc buffer overflow and gnetlist -gspice-sdb killed

   Hi,
   I have an Ubuntu distro:
   facundo@uni-laptop:~$ uname -a
   Linux uni-laptop 2.6.31-19-generic #56-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jan 28 02:39:34
   UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux
   I have installed gEDA from the Ubuntu repos. The version is quite old:
   gEDA/gschem version 1.4.3.20081231
   Today I downloaded the sources of version [1]1.6.0-20091004 from
   [2]http://www.gpleda.org/sources.html, compiled and run all again.
   The output was quite differente in drc2 check. Now the gnetlist finish
   with 'Killed' instead of 'Buffer overflow' but anyway does not create
   the netlist (the same output for drc2 and spice-sdb backends).
   After that I realize that there is a 1.6.1 version (I didn't found
   before I think there are bad links into the web) I repeat the same
   steps but the problem persists.
   A detail that previously I didn't mention is that some times (all
   versions tested 1.4.3 1.6.0 & 1.6.1) after I ran gnetlist -gspice-sdb
   ... and crash with Killed my windows manager crash too and I have to
   reload it.
   Thanks!

   On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 8:41 PM, Peter Clifton <[3]pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx>
   wrote:

   On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 19:54 -0300, Facundo Ferrer wrote:
   > Hi again!
   >    I have the following lines in my gnetlisrc:
   >    (debug-options (list 'stack 200000))
   >    (eval-options (list 'stack 200000))

     This is a lame thing for me to suggest, since I don't _know_ of any
     bug
     which has been fixed which might be relevant - but you're using a
     quite
     old version of gEDA / gnetlist.
     Could you try again with gEDA 1.6.1 ?
     At the very least, you might find netlisting is a little quicker,
     due to
     some fixes by Peter Brett.
     Let us know if you need a hand getting a later version of gEDA
     installed
     on your distro? (Let us know what distro that is, and how you got
     gEDA
     installed in the first place).
     --
     Peter Clifton