Re: gEDA-user: gEDA user: gnetlist -gdrc buffer overflow and gnetlist -gspice-sdb killed

   Hi again, I was on a trip so sorry for the delay.
   Respect for the above comments I make some tests on other hardware.
   My laptop hardware (1 processor):
   Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 Mobile processor
   CPU speed: 2.4 GHz
   FSB: 1066 MHz
   L2 cache: 3MB
   RAM: 4GB
   OS: Ubuntu
   facundo@uni-laptop:~$ uname -a
   Linux uni-laptop 2.6.31-19-generic #56-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jan 28 02:39:34
   UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux
   Server hardware (dual processor board):
   Intel Xeon X5560 server processor (4 cores per processor)
   CPU speed: 2.8GHz
   Intel QPI: 6.4GT/s
   L3 Cache: 8MB
   RAM: 12GB
   OS: RHEL
   [root@pepinillo schem]# uname -a
   Linux pepinillo 2.6.18-164.el5 #1 SMP Tue Aug 18 15:51:48 EDT 2009
   x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
   When I ran on this server gnetlist alloc more than 95% of the RAM and
   at this point started to swap and when all the swap was allocated the
   'top' command is not refreshed properly and I have a hard work trying
   to stop gnetlist.
   I made a second run stopping all the services and I left running on my
   work. Tomorrow I'll see the output but definitely there is something
   wrong with the netlister.
   Thanks.

   On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 8:43 AM, John Doty <[1]jpd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   On Mar 1, 2010, at 1:44 AM, al davis wrote:
   > On Sunday 28 February 2010, John Doty wrote:
   >> Ah, but it has an open interface we can use. A great strength
   >> of gEDA is that the tools play well with other tools,
   >> whether they are part of gEDA or not.
   >

   > I don't care how many proprietary tools you can leverage by
   > starting the schematic on gschem.

     But I do. I have projects that need to get done.

   > I do care how much of a design you can do with a 100% free/open-
   > source flow, and how well that kind of flow works.

     That's ideology. But FOSS doesn't win because of ideology: it wins
     when it does a better job. And part of doing a better job is playing
     better with foreign tools.

   [2]http://www.noqsi.com/
   [3]jpd@xxxxxxxxx

   Facundo J Ferrer