Re: gEDA-user: gEDA user: gnetlist -gdrc buffer overflow and gnetlist -gspice-sdb killed

On Mar 1, 2010, at 1:44 AM, al davis wrote:

> On Sunday 28 February 2010, John Doty wrote:
>> Ah, but it has an open interface we can use. A great strength
>> of gEDA is that the tools play well with other tools,
>> whether they are part of gEDA or not.
>

> I don't care how many proprietary tools you can leverage by
> starting the schematic on gschem.

But I do. I have projects that need to get done.

> I do care how much of a design you can do with a 100% free/open-
> source flow, and how well that kind of flow works.

That's ideology. But FOSS doesn't win because of ideology: it wins when it does a better job. And part of doing a better job is playing better with foreign tools.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx