Re: gEDA-user: TO-92 Best Practices

On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 13:46:31 -0800, Steven Michalske wrote:

> As for the statements that we were being elitist in suggesting SOT-23,
> I did not intend that, in my experience to-92 in a manufacturing
> environment today is an avoid.

It proves to be easy for the newbie, too.
Every once in a while I need to teach completely uninitiated physics
students how to solder. I get the impression, that decent thru hole
solder joints need at least as much practice as the basic variants of SMD
(0805, SOT23, SO8, ...)

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak