Re: gEDA-user: pcb doesn't find my pins

Peter Clifton wrote:
On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 05:01 -0500, Jim wrote:
When I do an optimize rats nest I don't see anything but I do get a bunch of errors in the log like this:

Can't find U102 pin J1-13 called for in netlist.
Can't find U102 pin J1-8 called for in netlist.
Can't find U102 pin J1-9 called for in netlist.
Can't find U102 pin J1-10 called for in netlist.
Can't find U102 pin J2-3 called for in netlist.
Can't find U102 pin J1-18 called for in netlist.
Can't find U102 pin J1-11 called for in netlist.
Can't find U102 pin J2-1 called for in netlist.
Can't find U102 pin J1-12 called for in netlist.
Nothing more to add, but there are
either rat-lines in the layout, disabled nets
in the net-list, or missing components

Did the following do something nasty to me? Also found in the log previous to the above errors.

and
    Pin(310 -450 60 28 "J1-1" 0x101)
    Pin(310 350 60 28 "J2-1" 0x101)
    Pin(310 -350 60 28 "J1-2" 0x01)
    Pin(310 450 60 28 "J2-2" 0x01)
    Pin(210 -450 60 28 "J1-3" 0x01)
    Pin(210 350 60 28 "J2-3" 0x01)
    Pin(210 -350 60 28 "J1-4" 0x01)
    Pin(210 450 60 28 "J2-4" 0x01)
    Pin(110 -450 60 28 "J1-5" 0x01)
    Pin(110 350 60 28 "J2-5" 0x01)
    Pin(110 -350 60 28 "J1-6" 0x01)

Just to show that I think the pin names match between the footprint and the symbol.

Presume your U102 is still present and intact on the board?

Show us the relevant fragment from the .pcb file. The footprint gets
embedded in that file, and that is where (if anywhere) the changes will
be made.

The ".cmd" script should only change the label of pins. It is a little
confusing that the action is called "ChangePinName". Perhaps someone
"fixed" that action to do something different.

Both part show up on the board. See http://fayettedigital.com/images/wiz.jpg
I also show the results of the D key, whatever that does.

This is the only part of the file (board.pcb) that mentions the footprint and/or the pins.

Element(0x0 "Wiz812mj.fp" "U102" "unknown" 10 10 3 100  0x0)
(
   Pin(310 -450 60 28 "J1-1" 0x101)
   Pin(310 350 60 28 "J2-1" 0x101)
   Pin(310 -350 60 28 "J1-2" 0x01)