gEDA-user: Assembly drawing

  It seems that there must be a more elegant way of doing what I'm
trying to do in PCB.  So I thought I'd ask.

  I have a layout, that I have moved component idents away from the
components, (for simplicity & space),  the manufacturer still needs to
know which component to put where and has asked for an assembly
drawing.  If I export PCB to a postscript file, I get good assembly
drawings, but the position of the idents is still off board.

  I can reset the offsets of the idents manually, but this means
trawling the .pcb file in a text editor (and let's assume that my
regular expression skills aren't hot enough to automate that). Anyway,
this simply puts the ident at the origin of the component which is
usually the middle, I'd like to have each ident centered on the
component and aligned with it (like when they are first imported from
gsch2pcb).

  Is there an easier way to generate a document that will tell my
manufacturer which footprint is which component?

  Thanks for your interest.

--
âââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââ
     Andrew Whyte MEng CEng