Re: gEDA-user: PCB Bugmail

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 10:43 AM, Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 18:12:20 +0000, Peter TB Brett wrote:
>
>> It's been discussed before.
>>
>> http://archives.seul.org/geda/dev/Oct-2008/msg00139.html

Oh yeah, I remember reading that now, thanks. :)  But revisiting the
topic once every year or so doesn't seem too bad, what was true then
may not still be true.

> Before I read the whole thread: What was the upshot of this discussion?

I think it boils down to this one from Ales:

http://archives.seul.org/geda/dev/Oct-2008/msg00147.html

There needs to be a very good reason to go through the hassle of
hosting it on gpleda.org.  Multiple gEDA projects willing to
consolidate to one system on gpleda.org seemed like it would do it,
but tough to put together.  Time for maintenance, compute resources,
and single-point of failure were an issue.  Maybe it makes sense to
have another machine and person run tracker.gpleda.org?

Moving to some other hosting site like Google code or something was
deemed acceptable, but there wasn't one that was clearly so much
better than sourceforge that it would be worth it.

Jared