Re: gEDA-user: PCB Bugmail

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:04:16 -0800, Jared Casper wrote:

> But revisiting the
> topic once every year or so doesn't seem too bad, what was true then may
> not still be true.

One of the truths of yesteryear has changed: Bugzilla now integrates with git

http://www.theoldmonk.net/blog/archives/2010/03/08/gitzilla_-_git-bugzilla_integration_done_right/

Note, the date of this blog :-)

> There needs to be a very good reason to go through the hassle of hosting
> it on gpleda.org.  Multiple gEDA projects willing to consolidate to one
> system on gpleda.org seemed like it would do it, but tough to put
> together.

A unified bug reporting / patch submitting interface for all sub projects
would indeed be helpful for clueless users like me.

> Time for maintenance, compute resources, and single-point of
> failure were an issue.  Maybe it makes sense to have another machine and
> person run tracker.gpleda.org?

ack.
One of the main themes in this thread is overload of central people
of the project. Logical consequence should be to delegate as many
tasks to other persons rather than increase the load of one of the
main developers.

If I haven't overlooked something vital, buzilla does not need a root
server to run on. Virtual servers with access to mysql database, pearl
and python scripting and GB/month traffic got pretty cheap (~ 1.50 EUR/month).
If nobody else steps forward, I might consider to donate and admin
such a bugzilla server.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak