Re: gEDA-user: gnetlist without X?

On Thursday 11 March 2010 05:30:32 asomers@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Does anybody know if it's possible to compile gnetlist  (and its
> dependency libgeda) without gtk?  From the source, it looks like
> gnetlist should compile fine, but libgeda has quite a few gdk
> references that I would have to remove.  I'm trying to use gnetlist on
> a headless Gentoo server, and I'd rather not have to attempt
> installing X.  The architecture is Mips, so finding a cross-compile
> machine will be difficult.  Would it be easier to switch to using
> gnetman?

No, it's not currently possible to compile gEDA without X.  The build system
doesn't support it.  (libgeda only uses GDKPixBuf for loading images embedded
in schematics, and it would be relatively straightforward to add a way of
disabling that functionality at compile time).  The real trick's going to be
persuading configure to complete. ;-)

To do what you request, you'd need to patch gEDA to have a --disable-gui
configure flag, probably.

                               Peter

--
Peter Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>