gEDA-user: gnetlist without X?

Does anybody know if it's possible to compile gnetlist  (and its
dependency libgeda) without gtk?  From the source, it looks like
gnetlist should compile fine, but libgeda has quite a few gdk
references that I would have to remove.  I'm trying to use gnetlist on
a headless Gentoo server, and I'd rather not have to attempt
installing X.  The architecture is Mips, so finding a cross-compile
machine will be difficult.  Would it be easier to switch to using
gnetman?

-Alan