Re: gEDA-user: On integrating simulator in gschem

Le lundi 15 mars 2010 Ã 09:39 -0400, Dave McGuire a Ãcrit :

> > I spend a *lot* of time looking at simulator output and some of
> the
> > things which are used over and over again are easy interactive
> zoom
> > in/out, panning at a fixed zoom, putting cursors on waveforms that
> > will lock onto the actual datapoints, having delta cursors, and
> > having a flexible and *extensible* waveform calculator.  The types
> > of postprocessing range from the very simple (out_plus -
> out-minus)
> > to more complex but standard like an fft to fairly complex custom
> > functions.
>
>    Good heavens.  That's the sort of stuff I do with a digitizing
> oscilloscope.  I could never imagine doing that with simulator output.

I'm planning to implement such kind of features, although there is
already basic support for two delta cursors that can be easily extended.
At the end I would use oscopy to compare directly simulation output with
experimental data.
Would you think a GUI layout similar to digital oscilloscope would help,
I mean having a graphical menu on the side of the graph to access those
functions ?

Arnaud.