Re: gEDA-user: On integrating simulator in gschem

Le dimanche 14 mars 2010 Ã 12:56 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak a Ãcrit :
> IMHO, there are already very mature open source data plotters out there.
> Think gnuplot, or grace. What is the rationale in rolling your own?

In the introduction of the manual, there is some rationale. To sum it
up, each data plotter has its own strengths and weakness, but none do
gather everything mentioned on the geda plotting improvement page. For
example, although gnuplot can do math, AFAIK there is no cursors, and no
update through DBus. A year and a half ago, I tried to work on gwave,
but there was a dependency problem on guile-gnome and I did not find
info gwave2. Then I took the decision for go for my own, taking the geda
plotting improvement page as specifications.
I designed the oscopy framework to be easily extendable, i.e. adding
data import/export filters (Readers/Writers), Graphs, Cursors... I plan
to use it also to view results exported by electronic instruments like
scopes etc, also to support smith charts, etc...

Arnaud.