Re: gEDA-user: On integrating simulator in gschem

Dan McMahill wrote:
I'll have to try out oscopy and it looks to me like they really are not reinventing everything from scratch anyway. Between dbus for IPC and matplotlib for graphics and python for a language, it looks like there is a lot done already.

Seems like matplotlib is full of the wanted features and it's not too far off
to get cursors.  The oscopy authors aren't reinventing, they're coming
from a design viewpoint and reusing solid existing programming.

They're already more installable than gwave2 -- I could not get that compiled
on debian.   python-vte is one of the dependencies before configure will complete.

John