Re: gEDA-user: simulating power mosfets

> On Mar 11, 2010, at 7:11 AM, Joerg wrote:
>
> > If for some reason gEDA doesn't allow to switch to
> another refdes letter inside the schematic (which would be
> sort of strange because of differing preferences in various
> countries) you'd have to make a new part, then set it's
> refdes letter to "X". "QX" won't work, usually. I bet one
> can fix that right in gEDA, maybe someone can shed some
> light.
> >
> > A sledgehammer method in such cases would be to do a
> "find-replace" on the netlist that swaps "QX" for "X".

I used this last one for a while, but later I managed to make it work. Although I had to create my Mosfet symbol, it had two drain pins that I wanted to be able to keep in separate circuits.
see here
http://bitsnbikes.blogspot.com/2009/12/solarlight-3-first-prototype.html
and files (including simulation) here:
http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BwVl3Wne1nFtZDVjYzMxNjgtMzE4ZS00M2MyLTkzMDAtMmE1MDA1NjdhYjZl&hl=en