Re: gEDA-user: Open Source mechanical CAD on the horizon

Hi,

maybe somehow late but please give openscad [1] a trial.
1. It converts dxf-drawings in 3D Models
2. It uses a language (C style) instead of a GUI to describe 3D models

Thus, it  might be much closer to the way of gEDA.
I'm just on the way to try out how good this works out for 3D printers.

Furthermore there is the Mini-T project from Makerbeam [2]. An
aluminium profile construction kit. Similar to item or isel but much
smaller.
It will be somehow the a mixture between fisher-technic toy and T-profiles.

Hope this is useful

Bye
Torsten
[1] http://openscad.org/