Re: gEDA-user: Toporouter update?

Anthony Blake wrote:
btw, those toporouter guys are rather misleading with their results..
they show off pictures of boards which have been fixed up afterwards..
e.g., "20 mins of toporouter time, and 40 mins of hand editing" for
one of their boards.

That kind of partial route performance still enough to justify
plenty of tool spending until layout is
well automated.  As in, not needing more than a day after
netlist and footprints are verified to auto/hand route a
200 component board.

And while I'm on the subject of comparing autorouters.. I was looking
at a Mentor license agreement the other day.. and I was shocked to see
that they prohibit you from using it to compare results with other
tools.. wtf..

I guess the last thing the CAD companies want is a straight comparison.

Who's going to "mentor" you for GSOC purposes?

I hope Mentor or Cadence don't find out about you
and make you an offer "you can't refuse".

John