Re: gEDA-user: GSoC -- Not accepted :-(

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 2:15 PM, kai-martin knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> If you're interested, here's the list of accepted groups:
>>
>> http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/program/accepted_orgs/google/gsoc2010
>
> ... Facebook ... Mozilla ... Gentoo
> Not exactly organizations I'd expect to need funding ;-)
>
> Browsing through the accepted applications almost all project goals would
> would make its little contribution to the potential success of one of the
> major google products -- many of them provide apps or software
> infrastructure for smart phones. (Selenium, coreboot, thousend parsec, NUI
> Group, etc). Unfortunately, the HTC dream wasn't designed with gschem and
> pcb...

A few of the accepted organizations seem a little odd.. I suspect
someone just flicked through the pile of applications pulling out
names they recognized.. There is even one accepted organization that
seems like more of a feel good social club than an open source
project.. I've been facepalming all morning.

--
Anthony Blake