Re: gEDA-user: picking a googlized name

     Message: 8
     Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 12:59:37 +1300
     From: Anthony Blake <[1]tonyb33@xxxxxxxxx>
     Subject: Re: gEDA-user: Toporouter update?
     John Griessen wrote:
     > kai-martin knaak wrote:

     >> I'd strongly suggest to invent a new word rather than take an
     existing
     >> buzzword. The term "greenlight" currently yields 1.5 Mio google
     hits.
     >> A greenlight router would be almost as invisible to internet
     searches
     >> as pcb ;-)
     >
     > Oh, it wouldn't be that bad.  Pcb is the tool's category name as
     well as
     > being a
     > common term.  Searching for "greenlight router" would narrow down
     just
     > fine.
     I would have liked to use the name 'greenstone', which has special
     meaning for NZ.. it is a type of jade only found here. Unfortunately
     my
     uni supervisor has already used that name for a project:
     [4]http://www.greenstone.org/
     Maybe we could call it the greenstone router?
     Cheers,
     Anthony

   If you want to be found by google then follow the lead of the TV show
   numb3rs.
   Type that in and the show pops right up. Maybe we could set up a test
   page with
   some candidate names in the keywords to see what happens with a search.
   In today's world you pick the names that the search engines like or
   nobody will
   ever find you
   John Eaton