Re: gEDA-user: gafrc nonsense

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:37:56 -0600, Cullen Newsom wrote:

> I have created a
> /home/cullen/.gEDA/gschemrc file which contains the following:
>
> cullen@nnnnn:~$ cat .gEDA/gschemrc
> (define default-titleblock "title-B-wcjc.sym") (define gedasymbols
> "/home/cullen/gaf/wcjc/symbols")

This is ok.

> I also have a /home/cullen/.gEDA/gafrc which has just one line:
>
> cullen@nnnnn:~$ cat .gEDA/gafrc
> (define gedasymbols "/home/cullen/gaf/wcjc/symbols")
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
(..snip..)
> None of the above three listed symbols appear in the "Select
> Component..." dialog box, under "local", where I think they should
> appear. What am I missing?

The define command in your gafrc just defines a local variable
"gedasymbol". However, gschem and gsch2pcb do not know about this
variable.

To add your local path to the search path for symbols, you have to
execute the command "component-library" with the desired path.
Simple example:
(component-library "/home/foo/bar/gedalib")

To add the current working directory to the search path you can
use the "." command of the shell:
(component-library ".")

The define statement can be used to build a more complex path and
reuse this path with several component-library statements. Example:

(define symbolspath (build-path (getenv "HOME") "geda" "symbols"))
(component-library (build-path symbolspath "titleblock"))
(component-library (build-path symbolspath "power"))
(component-library (build-path symbolspath "misc"))

Hope, this helps,

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
UniversitÃt Hannover, Inst. fÃr Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211