gEDA-user: gafrc/gschemrc ordering issue?

I am trying to get gschem to come up with my personal title block.  Seems like it should be easy.  But...

Here is an rc file in the project directory:
(component-library "/Users/dave/gitrepos/gedalib/tbsymbol2")
(define default-titleblock "tbtitle-B")

If that file is named gafrc, the 'define default' is ignored.
If that file is named gschemrc, it whines about not being able to find the symbol.

Likewise, if gafrc contains only the library line, and gschemrc contains only the titleblock line, it whines.  And yes, the library path works fine. I can add my title block manually.

??

-dave