gEDA-user: subcircuit definition and channelised design

   I have been describing multiple channels in gschem by turning a
   subcircuit into a symbol that I can then add multiple times as
   required.

   This works well, however I have been wondering if it may be plausible
   to create a script or plugin that allows you to add the symbol

   once and then indicate the replication and connections through
   something like bus notation?

   Eg:

   I have a subcircuit with one control input.

   The micro that connects to the subcircuit is given netnames on the
   appropriate pins SS1, SS2, SS3, SS4.

   The control input pin on the subcircuit symbol is given the netname
   SS[1:4]

   The magic script/plugin is used to make sure that gsch2pcb/gnetlist
   knows that the subcircuit needs to be replicated 4 times with

   connections to the micro on SS1, SS2, SS3 and SS4.

   (This may sound familiar to folks who have used altium - I suspect I am
   ripping off their notation)

   I am relatively new to gEDA - so I thought I would find out if this is
   theoretically possible (or been done before) before I start trying to
   write my

   own script...

   cheers,

   Geoff Swan