Re: gEDA-user: gEDA/PCB to Protel Ascii file format

   Thank you for your notice, indeed I was'nt handle vias and pads in this
   script yet.
   Also, only solder and component layers will be convert to protel ascii
   format.
   I'll fix soon as possible, Or if you want I'll be happy to give write
   access to git repository.
   That is good idea to convert gEDA/PCB<>Altium Binary format and
   certainly that is possible, whether exist any document for Altium
   binary format ?
   On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 2:59 AM, Peter Clifton <[1]pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx>
   wrote:

   On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 01:39 +0430, Hamid wrote:
   > I had a problem with the PCB manufactures, that they only accpet
   Protel

   >    Of course, this script is a quick hack and certainly have many
   bugs and
   >    will be happy to test it.
   >    For Downloading source code:
   >    [3][2]https://github.com/hamid-rostami/pcb2paf

     I notice your screen-shot showed missing vias. I take it you noticed
     that.
     FWIW, I'm doing a feasibility study on Altium <-> gEDA file format
     converters which directly support the newer binary format. It is not
     as
     hard as one might imagine, but certainly requires some
     reverse-engineering work. Once the binary container is unpacked,
     there
     are still the internal binary records to decode, but it is
     definitely
     possible.

   --
   Peter Clifton