Re: gEDA-user: gEDA/PCB to Protel Ascii file format

On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 01:39 +0430, Hamid wrote:
> I had a problem with the PCB manufactures, that they only accpet Protel

>    Of course, this script is a quick hack and certainly have many bugs and
>    will be happy to test it.
>    For Downloading source code:
>    [3]https://github.com/hamid-rostami/pcb2paf

I notice your screen-shot showed missing vias. I take it you noticed
that.

FWIW, I'm doing a feasibility study on Altium <-> gEDA file format
converters which directly support the newer binary format. It is not as
hard as one might imagine, but certainly requires some
reverse-engineering work. Once the binary container is unpacked, there
are still the internal binary records to decode, but it is definitely
possible.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,