Re: gEDA-user: gEDA/PCB to Protel Ascii file format

On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 15:19 -0600, John Doty wrote:
> On Mar 23, 2011, at 3:09 PM, Hamid wrote:
>
> > I had a problem with the PCB manufactures, that they only accpet Protel
> >   PCB format.
> >   But, since I using from gEDA/PCB and don't like to use protel for
> >   creating my PCBs, and since searching the web no result for any
> >   converter beetween this formats, I wrote a python script that convert
> >   from gEDA/PCB file format to Protel Ascii file format. then I able to
> >   convert from Ascii file format to bin format in Protel and send this
> >   file too PCB manufactures!
>
> Why not just use "gnetlist -g protelII"? The "pcb" program is only one of the many layout back ends gEDA supports.

He's doing layout with PCB, but for some reason his fab house wants only
Protel files.

IMO, time to get a new fab house - any worth giving the time of day to
can deal with gerber files, although I hear ODB++ is increasingly
popular amongst the "serious" fabs.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,