Re: gEDA-user: Interpreter for automation schematics

On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 12:15 +0200, John Erlandsson wrote:
> Hello again!
>    I have been reading about the guile side of gschem. Does anyone know of
>    any example scripts that i could look at?

There isn't anything I can think of immediately. There are some basic
examples in the source code if you fetch the tarball, look under
gschem/scheme/

The closest fit might be auto-place-attribs.scm, auto-uref.scm also
modifies attributes.

I'm not particularly sure exactly what you want to achieve. Perhaps if
you could paste an example schematic with / without the annotation
changes you are looking for that would help to make things clearer.

Did you want to keep adding the crossref attributes as a post-processing
step, or attempt to keep them in sync whilst gschem is running?

I presume the components are identified by the fact that they share the
same "refdes=" attribute, but in general - I guess it is component
specific which crossrefs exist.

A gnetlist backend might be a good fit, but unfortunately (for this
application), it will only report one entity for each unique "refdes=".
I don't think it would be able to access each sub-symbol from the
net-list back-end, and I don't think we've ever tested modifying and
re-saving schematics from gnetlist.

I would imagine that we can achieve what you want with a small bit of C
programming easier than with scheme, but that would depend on you
wishing to patch and use a modified version of the tools.

It might also be possible to link a small program against libgeda to do
what you want, but you'd have to give me more information about what the
logic of your processing steps are to make any more solid a suggestion.

Regards,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,