Re: gEDA-user: Interpreter for automation schematics

On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 15:11 +0200, John Erlandsson wrote:
> Sorry about that...
>    they should be ok now.

Thanks..

What does the attribute crossref-ms-no mean? Is that how the contacts of
a contactor can refer back to the location of the coil? Obviously each
piece which is cross-reference-able needs to be identifiable, so the
correct location is discovered.

With regards the location cross-references labels, such as XR1, what
happens if there are more than two locations? Is it only allowed that
two exist?

For producing correct electrical netlists, it is important that you
assign the same netname to each object. I "think" this will work the way
you have drawn, but it deviates quite a lot from what is "normal
practice" in gEDA.

Usually (when drawing schematics for PCBs / simulations), we label nets
with a "netname=..." attribute, or (sometimes), to use a flag symbol
like you have, with no refdes= attribute, but instead give it a
"net=foo:1" (connecting net "foo" to the whatever is attached to pin 1
of the flag symbol).

In order to implement this generically, I imagine your title block could
be given some hidden attributes which describe the coordinate ranges
inside it which correspond to different grid coordinates.

Additionally.. what happens if an item being cross-references spans
multiple grid coordinates? Can the choice be random, or does it need to
be the one with most of the symbol in it - or top-left one, or some
other rule?

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,