Re: gEDA-user: making libgeda

Hi,

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Carl Hartshorn wrote:

> If I want to install geda in /opt/geda, do I need to set the prefix for all the
> components? Or just those that start with 'geda-*' ?

Usually when Ales releases new version he sends along a "top-level
Makefile". That one is usually very good to build gaf (gschem and
friends). In that Makefile there is a line which tells you where it all
should be installed (something like prefix=blah). If you use that it as
simple as edit that file and run 'make install'.

I usually copy that file to Makefile.spe, edits that file and runs
'make -f Makefile.spe'.

Though, if you choose to do it by hand you have to add the flag
--prefix=/opt/geda to all parts as you already mentioned.

Regards,
/spe
! Stefan Petersen, MSc EE         !  \
! http://www.stacken.kth.se/~spe/ !    \_________________________