Re: gEDA-user: gEDA/PCB quick start tutorial?

On Thu, 30 May 2002, Visti Andresen wrote:

> On Thursday 30 May 2002 17:21, you wrote:
> > Is there a quick start tutorial for using gschem to drive PCB?  I have a
> > small board I need to knock out in a big hurry (just the time to learn
> > yet another cad tool...)
> >

> Try:
>
> gnetlist -g PCB "schematicname"
>
> Create a PCB with all the needed components (named right).
>
> Add a netlist (the one gnetlist has created for you) rotate/move the
> components untill they are laying "just rigth"

I played around a little bit with:

  gnetlist -g PCBboard -o PreAmp.pcb PreAmp.sch
  gnetlist -g PCB -o PreAmp.net PreAmp.sch

and indeed the PreAmp.net file appears to be a netlist.  However, the
Preamp.pcb file seems to be noticibly bare.  There is some stuff there,
but no Elements at all.  I tried out gschem2pcb, and after changing
--lines to -n for head(1) and tail(1), it runs, but the output is not much
better.  No elements still.  I have the 'footprint' attribute set for all
of my components.

Any suggestions?

-Dan