Re: gEDA-user: Free GNU/Linux hardware design tools

EATON,JOHN (HP-Vancouver,ex1) wrote:

Companies spend Billions writing software and keep it locked up like it
was the family jewels. It's sad because there is a lot of obsolete stuff
out there that would be great to have in the public domain. But there is
no money in doing that so it will never happen. I wish there were a law that
said anyone who no longer wanted to support a piece of software that they
once
sold to the public was required to release the source into public domain.

John Eaton

Once in the open source domain it becomes the responsibility of it's users to enhance, maintain and document. With that in mind I am releasing a paper on Land Pattern Design for PCB. After my next round of boards makes it into production we will release land patterns for the standard surface mount components that we use and thus have tested.

For thos of you interested in the document it may be aquired at http://www.meierrippin.com/pcb_landpattern_design.pdf

Comments and feedback are more then welcome.

Steve Meier