Re: GPLd PCB Library ( was Re: gEDA-user: Free GNU/Linux hardware design tools)

On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 03:23 AM, John Dalton wrote:
As I understand it, this is all 'built into' the standard. PCB fabrication
and assembly tolerances are factored into the land pattern calculations.
(it is one of the reasons I am writing a generator instead of a
static library). Soldering method also influences land patterns
(also taken into account in the standard). The program I am writing
takes all of these factors into account since wherver possible it
doesn't use tables of land pattern dimensions, but calculates everything
based on package dimensions and solder joint properties. Are there any
more factors you are aware of?
Holy Cow. I'm quite anxious to see this new package of yours. That sounds *very* powerful.

Please, though, don't make it *too* Linux- or x86-specific. Some of us are on non-Intel UNIX platforms. :-)

-Dave

--
Dave McGuire "They live deeply, these vagabonds."
St. Petersburg, FL -Goro