-- Cut here --
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 21:21:25 +1000
From: Greg Cunningham <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm sure people must run up against this, but I can't see the problem
discussed in the archive...  am I blind?

A gschem fuse symbol is a 2-node object.  If I assign the footprint
"fuseL", PCB connects the 2 rats to the same end of the fuse.  "fuseL"
is a 4-pin device & the rats are assigned to pins 1 & 2, but pads 1&2
belong to the same metal fuse clip.

I fixed my 1st pcb attempt in Emacs by changing fuseL pin 2->4 in the
net, and adding a pin 2 (clone of pin 1)& pin 3 (clone of pin 4) in the
nets.  Now the rats correctly connected to each end of the fuse & also
connected both pads of each fuse clip.

What is the correct way to fix this?  Surely users must be faced with
the situation where a logical connection on a symbol maps to more than 1
pin on a physical element.  The desired outcome is a rat that connects
to each physical pin.

I could alter the fuseL element pins viz:
2 -> 4
4 -> 3
3 -> 2
The rat would now connect correctly to each end of the fuse, but would
only connect to 1 pad, not both.

--
Greg Cunningham <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>